Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Two more for the International Collage Exchange


I have been working on my collage exchange pieces since the beginning of the year. The progress has been slower than I anticipated due to some studio reorganization. I accidentally fell into a series called the Babel Series. This relates to the tower of Babel in the Bible and I feel is current because of a recent film of that title. I believe conflicts can be avoided if we learn to understand each other. My fascination with languages began many years ago. As a child I used to make up my own languages. Having the ability to travel to foreign countries has also fueled my interest in languages and communication.
The first piece is called Babel I, It is on canvas with image transfers and measures 4 X 6. The second image is called How Do I Look? It is 4 X 6 and is on canvas, with acrylic and magazine clips glued onto the base. Enjoy!

No comments: