Monday, February 05, 2007

Another one dedicated to our precious environment


This collage painting is 8" X8". It began as a large painting on some heavy watercolor paper. It was all red and I was stumped as to where to go. Then I decided to experiment. This often is when my most successful paintings evolve. Is it the freedom of letting go of all the cerebral stuff that allows the work to emerge? I rolled out some yellow and orange with a roller. Wow that was fun. By that time I was on a roll and I added some magazine textured paper, a transfer and some cutout leaves from tissue paper. Voila, I was done and pleased.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Tania what are you going to do with this piece. I might be interested in it? Let me know if you are planning on sending it some where or would like to sell it.

~v~Laura