Thursday, April 19, 2007

Why Create Art?

Sometimes this is the question I ask myself when I am dissappointed that sales of my work are very low. Sometimes I ask this of myself when my art is not coming along as I would wish. But the answer is best written by Julia Cameron: "when we express our creativity, we are a conduit for the great creator to explore, express, and expand it's divine nature and our own. We are like songbirds. When one of us gives voice to our true nature, it is contagious and others soon give tonge as well."

2 comments:

Laura said...

Tania,
it's good to see you on your blog and voicing yourself. You have some good deep thoughts. I've been spending time looking around at the other works on CAC and finding out there's some cool stuff out there and then I feel my work is old and needs some freshing up a bit. Well, sorry for my own random rants here. Good to have art buddies.
~v~Laura

Laura said...

Tania, check out her work, it very small but she works in series and there's some cool idea to pull from.



http://www.janetjonesfineart.com/