Saturday, March 08, 2008

The St Patrick's Commission is Completed


Today I delivered 25 St. Patrick's Day cards to my client, Julia. She had only ordered 20 but when I presented her with 25 so she could select her favorites, she could not choose and decided on all of them. I was thrilled that she liked them. One is never sure how the client will react to the finished project. I took the cards to my work one day earlier this week and the reactions were so positive that I was confident that I was on the right track. Three cards were bought at the office which only inspired me to dash home after work and create some more designs. I was on such a roll that I could not stop. The ideas just kept coming like an avalanche. It was the most exciting feeling. I have a new appreciation of the many variations of green. Some preliminary research on the symbols, customs and history of St. Patrick's Day really helped me generate ideas. I remembered that a friend once said: There are two kinds of people in the world: The Irish and those who wish they were Irish.

No comments: