Friday, January 01, 2010

Simplify and Expand

It is the first day of a new year and I am taking time to reflect the past year and to make some determinations of intentions for the coming year. Last night as the clock turned from one year to the next I stood outdoors for a moment to contemplate the beautiful full moon, the blue moon. It held so much promise and magic. I was surrounded by my immediate family and my good friends, Marsha and Austin. We remembered the challenges we overcame last year and shared fortune cookies to bring good fortune into the new year. This morning I committed to simplify some aspects of my life and so I went to the studio and looked onto my collection of over 1,000 books to see what could be donated or gifted to friends. The first book I touched was Lives of Girls and Women by Alice Munro. The marker was set to page 138 where I read the following prayer:

Peace and love, O Lord, I pray
Shower on this friend today.
Heal his(her) troubles, bless his(her) heart
From the source of strength and love
May she(he) never have to part.

As for Expand, I aim to expand my creative endeavors by learning new techniques and making my work larger.
HAPPY NEW YEAR

2 comments:

Miki Willa said...

Happy New Year, Tania. I really appreciate the prayer you posted. I also wanted to say that I love your blue Christmas cards. I tried making some red and green cards this year and didn't like any of them. Next year, I will stick with the blues and silvers. Thanks for the inspiration.

Doris said...

So nice to discover a forgotten prayer! Happy New Year with all the best!