Monday, January 07, 2008

Beneath the Surface


This is the title I gave my solo exhibit at the National University of Health Sciences in Lombard, Illinois. It is the first solo exhibit I have done since 2000. There is a certain sense of accomplishment when one can assemble a body of work and step back and look at it. This particular exhibit is the culmination of several years of work and the evolution of an artist who painted and then moved on to mixed media and collage. The ability to combine media, to experiment and to reuse parts of older work really appeals to me at this stage of my art making life. I hope to have a good reception this coming Sunday.

3 comments:

april said...

Yes, the combining of the different arts appeals to me too now. I wish I could make your show and will try to juggle thing around and ...maybe.

Anonymous said...

Love this picture Tania. The colours and the composition are so appealing. Good luck with your show.
Julie (UK)

butterfly woman said...

I too like how you're evolving and incorporating various medium into the show. I'm at that stage myself. Love the dark blue squares and transparency effect. How long does show run? Having solo show must be empowering.
Bev