Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Support of Fellow Artists and Friends and patrons

Today I had my reception for the solo exhibit at the National University for Health Sciences. Even though the weather was a little uncertain with snowflakes covering the roadways, I was pleasantly surprised to see so many of my fellow artist friends, past patrons, and coworkers come out to support me. A few faces from the past and some of my husband's associates came as well. The positive feedback I received was inspiring and certainly boosted the ego of an artist putting out some work that not everyone has seen before. Seeing one's body of work is a feeling of accomplishment and validation. I cannot stress how grateful I am to all who came to see my work.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Tania,
You did well, and so glad to hear how it went. Life is good!
~v~Laura

butterfly woman said...

Tania,
Congrats on your show. Feedback is
always wonderful. Kind of gives you an external validation of your path.
As a fellow watercolorist/mixed mediaist (a word?) I appreciate your sharing.
Bev