Sunday, November 23, 2008

A new life for an experimental painting session

Last week I surveyed my paints in the studio and found I had quite a variety of paints in various forms. I decided to get crazy with the paints creating textures with unconventional tools like old hotel key cards, old combs, and I smooshed and basically played to my heart's content making big sheets of expressive marks in a variety of palette combinations. The blues really came out very exciting. I chopped up the big sheets of painted backgrounds and this card was one of the results. Oh what fun is to be crazy with paint and tools.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Tania, what fun and how nicely this one came out.

You go girl
~v~

april said...

Very nice how the "comb/tools" revealed the different blues and whites in different places. Very striking, Tania!