Sunday, November 23, 2008

Everything I do seems to ultimately lead me....

Everything I create in the studio seems to ultimately lead to the next thing. During the past few weeks while recovering from surgery I have spent several of my awake hours playing around in the studio. Some of the pieces have been crappy pieces. I am realizing now that it is still important that I do these because they may be helping me work through ideas. Perhaps if I didn't make the crappy pieces, I wouldn't be doing what I would consider strong pieces. I have been using stuff that would otherwise be thrown away, and I really like the idea of giving it a new life. I love it when I can have moments of fearless creating with no preconceived valuation for the final outcome.

2 comments:

Doris said...

Tania,
That is exactly the way life drawing is! You cannot always catch the pose correctly, or the lighting, or the forshortening. But each miastake brings that Ah ha!

Laura said...

Hey girl good to hear you in the studio and doing what you do and I'm loving see what your doing on the blog. Keep it moving and keep it moving forward.

Happy Thanksgiving'Huggs
~v~