Thursday, September 21, 2006

My Fascinations


I have always been fascinated with the flight of birds and with sunrises and sunsets. There is something so incredibly amazing about the lighting of the open skies when the sun sets or when it rises. During a recent vacation in Florida I was able to observe the flight of pelicans against the rising sun every morning over a four week period. The fascination never dwindled. I strongly believe and have read narrative accounts to that, which say that the artist is influenced by his/her environment. My art is influenced by my environment in themes and in palette. In the fall I usually begin to use the warm colors of yellows, oranges and reds. By winter I may be moving to the cool blues.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hey Tania is this the one that you were working on in the fall workday? What size was this? If it is the same one I just got a glimspe of it that day and now to see it it's wonderful, truely wonderful.
~v~Laura