Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Gifts from the Sea


During the last four days two girlfriends and I escaped to Florida for a much needed self made retreat. Of course each morning without an alarm clock I awoke at 6:30 am and within minutes I was on the beach to greet the rising sun. Then the morning walk of about a mile began. Scanning the shoreline one always find something of interest. For a visual artist there are limitless possibilites as the ocean gifts us with many treasures. On the first day there were dozens of jelly fish and portugese man of war along the shore. They were a warning that ocean swimming would not be advisable during those days. On the third and fourth day the ocean was quiet and serene and there were no more jelly fish and portugese man of war. As usual, I did run into my dear friend whom I only see on the beach, Karla. She meditates every morning on the beach and she draws hearts in the sand. We chat a bit. She exudes LOVE for all of the earth's creation. A retreat energizes ones creative spirit.

No comments: