Monday, September 07, 2009

Upcoming Exhibits

I am dedicating a few hours each week to prepare for an exhibit I will be joining my "Art Tribe." We will exhibit in the studio/gallery of my good friend and art sister, Cindy. October's date is coming quickly, October 15-19. I hope to have a few new pieces ready for the show.

Simultaneously I am preparing for the annual art fair at St Thomas the Apostle in Naperville. Each year for the last 8 years I have had a booth for the fair. I also will do a demonstration of a technique. I haven't quite decided what technique to demonstrate. In the past I have done a wax resist demo, a monotype demo and a watercolor demo. I love doing the demos because I have a desire to engage people in conversation as I work. My best time is when a child comes up to see what I am doing. I just want them to jump in and play with me. Sometimes they do. I always have a Zen board for the kids to "paint" on. This is the most wonderful thing in the world for budding artists to try. It is a special paper board that one can paint on it with water and the image comes out black. One uses a chinese brush and if feels wonderful to paint. Within a few minutes the least parts of the painting begins to disappear as the paper dries. The opportunity is there to keep painting again and again. No waste of paper.

1 comment:

Doris said...

I may need a zen board. Wonder where one might find one?