Monday, June 25, 2007

An Affirmation

I am still being unproductive in my art. I can't pinpoint what the problem is. I have been focused on family. With my daughter who is back from college I feel I want to spend more time together before she goes off again. Then we have my son's birthday coming up. This weekend there was a surprise visit from my daughter's boyfriend and the list of reasons to stay away from artmaking goes on. And yet I feel there may be an underlying reason that is lurking. When I read Eric Maisel's e-mail last night about a seminar for creativity coaching, I think I found the answer. I have been feeling that my creative life does not matter. So Eric's advice to all the attendants was the following affirmation: I MATTER AND MY CREATIVE LIFE MATTERS. I' ll be repeating that one and see what happens.

No comments: