Monday, August 27, 2007

Gratitude for an Art Patron


So many times an artist is approached to donate a work of art for a good cause. There are so many good causes. My inclination was to donate small pieces in the past. Lately I have been inclined to decline. However, last year and this year a dear friend and patron of the arts did the right thing. She called to say she would buy art from me and donate it to a charity for their annual auction. She came over today and selected her favorite piece. I loved that piece so much and am glad it is going for a good cause but not at my expense. Kudos to those who give and support the artist. I hope others will do the same. Thank you Kathy from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

I really love this one! Your work is so interesting and also the Peace cut out words as I'm a calligrapher!