Friday, August 31, 2007

Rhythms


I often include musical notation in my collages. When I sat down to ponder why I do that I returned to some fond memories. My father was a choral conductor. In those days when he needed to create scores for the choristers the only way to do copying was with a mimeograph machine. At that time I must have been a kid of 12 or 13 and my dad would let me sit and score out the musical notes onto the stencil. It was the most beautiful cerulean blue color and when you scored it on the lightbox you removed this waxy material and only the light shined through. It was magical. In addition I sang in a choir for about 8 years and never missed one rehearsal. So I guess one could say music is a big part of who I am. My daughter too is quite musical so there is plenty of music in the household.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Tania,
I think you have something going and as long as you can keep feeding it and setting time slots for it and play honey.... really just play, I can see you are having great fun.

~v~

Laura said...

Here's a thought what if you use different colored back grouds for the cards, Like black,tan, brown you know netural colors.

Well, I'll keep quiet...

~v~