Saturday, August 25, 2007

Vacationing in Florida


This summer I was without the benefit of a computer. Sometimes it is good to get away from technology. One experiences a certain freedom to do other things. My mornings began at 6 am. I awoke and dressed into a bathing suit, grabbed the camera and went for a morning walk on the beach. The sun rose every morning about 6:45. By that time I had observed any changes on the shore, ooed and ahhed at the rising sun and its majesty. Then I swam for an hour with my beach friend, Karla. We talked about many different topics: peace, tranquility, meditation, and the glory of nature. We swam with many little fish. The water was warm anc calm most mornings. Then I exercised, swam in the pool and by afternoon it was time to go indoors to avoid the highest temperatures. That was when I worked on my greeting cards. Collage or watercolor were my mediums. I even managed to sell quite a few to my Florida friends.

No comments: