Monday, September 03, 2007

A hike at the arboretum



Saturday was the most perfect day to hike at the arboretum. The weather was crisp yet sunny. My mood was enthusiastic. I had my camera, a bottle of water and comfortable shoes. I decided to revisit a place I used to take my children when they were little, the BIG ROCK. The rock seemed much smaller than I remembered. But I smiled when I remembered how adorable they were climbing the BIG ROCK. Normally not bothered by mosquitoes, today I was being eaten alive. I thought I had everything with me, but the repellent was what I really needed today. Here are the shots from the woods. The fungi were really fascinating. So many varieties. An interesting thought, fungi can symbolize recycling. From the decay comes another. That is what I am doing with some old artwork. Recycling decaying watercolors, prints, acrylic attempts.

No comments: