Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Just a small piece


Sometimes you feel as an artist you need to get some closure. I am one who has so many paintings started or in process. They are emerging from their incubation stages. Some are so close to being finished they are begging for completion. Then the artist come along and freaks out that she might kill the precious piece. So today I had only a smigdet of time. I needed to complete something. Recently I purchased these lovely little 5 X 5 frames. They accomodate only a small 4X 4 piece of work. Then I found just the right mini-easel for the frames. They make a great miniature. The best part of it is the satisfaction of completing a piece that is easy to frame and the presentation is complete. Today I completed two of these. They are ready to be displayed at my next exhibit and sale at St. Thomas in November. I feel a definite sense of accomplishment.
I present to you: "Emerging Angel".

1 comment:

Laura said...

Tania,
It's so good to stop in at our blog and see the progess your are making with your work. More!More! I want to see more I love to see what you have had hidden and are finding and finishing. Maybe the process for so fun that you didn't want it to end and that is why the pieces have sat a while. Any ways I'm excited for you.... Go Girl Package those little darlings!
~v~