Monday, October 30, 2006

I Love This Dance Piece


This is just a detail of a collage I have been agonizing over for over two years. It has been incubating in my mind's eye. I have tried all sorts of combinations onto a less than wonderful monoprint. In the spring I felt that I was getting closer. Then fear paralized me and I was unable to commit to finishing it. I stared and studied and fretted and wondered and stared some more. Finally in September I gained the courage I needed to glue together the pieces. I was feeling victorious. And so here it is. i am confident it is in its completed stage. WHEW. Now I love it. But do I love it too much to let it go into the world to a new home? That is a good question. I will find out soon.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Tania,
Your display was very nice in the show. Very inviting too. I loved the little piece on the easels. I hope you do well there. You sure do deserve too!!
~v~