Monday, October 16, 2006

Old prints become new


I have always kept my less than successful prints because I once had a very respected teacher, Rebecca Moore who told me: "never throw any of your art away." So recently I have been taking some print-making classes and I have been rummaging through some of my old stash. Looking at the old stash has allowed me to see some of my work with new eyes. Now with my newly acquired skills as a collage artist I can see potential where I did not see it previously. So here is an example of a print that became a 4 X 6 postcard size finished piece which will hang at a show in Bloomingdale during November and December. The theme for it is cool blue and my title for this piece is "Blue Dreams."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to take sections of art done some time ago and make something new out of it. I love it.

Musia in Toronto